The digital stands with an integrated hand sanitizer are a step forward in the fight that private companies and public institutions are leading against the spread of coronavirus. Purple Custom Solutions, the iTotem special projects division, created the prototype of a freestanding digital totem, 100% designed and manufactured in Romania.
The major challenge of the project consisted in combining digital signage solutions with practical solutions (such as hand sanitizing), adapted to the Coronavirus context.
The digital totem equipped with hand sanitizer still keeps the initial goal and adds a new function. The digital signage system used to create the totems was based on Raspberry Pi, and the dispensers on Arduino system.
- It provides an increased psychological comfort: besides conveying multimedia content, the digital totems are equipped with disinfectant dispensers that enable consumers to sanitize their hands, increasing their safety and psychological comfort;
- Accesibility: the design of the totem (i.e freestanding) allows for easy access of clients to the dispenser area;
- Safe investment: digital totems equipped with dispenser are going to prove useful even when the pandemic is over. Sanitizing hands as a measure to prevent diseases will be part of the consumers’ routine and also of the policy of retailers and other entities providing services.
- Increase of sales by running targeted ads (eg. promoting a 50% discount for a limited amount of time leads to increase of sales in a certain product);
- Possibility to sell advertising space.
- When the container is empty, it must be refilled manually.
|Client||Public institution and private companies|
|Task||Combining digital signage solutions with practical solutions to sanitize hands so as to prevent the spread of Coronavirus.|
|Execution date||April, 2020|
|Technology||Raspberry PI and Arduino system|